This time of year is difficult for most of us struggling with acne, however it may seem like a dead-end for those involved in sports that include any type of gear or perspiration. Our Aesthetician Katelyn Malkow offers some insider tips on how to keep skin clean in between practices.
EltaMD Foaming Cleanser: $23.32
PCA Acne Gel:$42.15
PCA Detoxifying Mask: $52.01
ZO Complexion Renewal Pads: $45.73
Guess what? Our staff is made up of highly active women (and man) who keep ZO Complexion Renewal Pads in their workout bags because THEY WORK!!! Just a quick swipe removes any built up dirt and debris earned while working out.
EltaMD’s Foaming Cleanser actually makes washing your face fun! There is a satisfaction that comes from seeing your cleanser slowly take over your face.
All of these products and more are available at either Robertson Cosmetic Center location.
Other helpful tips:
- Keep skin exfoliated with a mechanical exfoliant to prevent build up.
- Cleanse your skin morning and night.
- Use a toning pad immediately after working out if unable to cleanse your face.
- Change pillowcases more frequently.
- Wipe down any face masks or other sports equipment. The body breaks out too and toning pads are great for these areas!
- Keep your hands off of your face, your hands are dirty!
- Use skin-friendly make up such as Colorescience….it’s mineral. Ask us for recommendations!
- Stay hydrated. Drink water rather than sugary sports drinks. Help your body flush toxins.